Re: door crash pad installation advice

To: sterrettsmith@hotmail.com (Sterrett Smith)
Subject: Re: door crash pad installation advice
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:07:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sterrett---I started to use lacquer thinner to take off the old glue.
This was too harsh for the underlying paint (duh) so I only sanded it
and left some of the old adhesive. I applied the General Purpose
Adhesive that comes in an aerosol can to both the metal and the spongy
side of the door pull. I "blocked" the new pull piece in place with a
couple lengths of 2"x2"x? across to the other door. This wood pressed it
firmly together, and I left it to dry overnight. Still OK.

The door panel was left in place.

Dick