Brake Calipers

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net (6 Pack Digest)
Subject: Brake Calipers
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:40:17 EDT
This past week I replaced my front brakes and rotors (Brembo) and rebuilt the
calipers (using stainless steel pistons) and it seems that the right caliper
is biased to the outside of the car.  The inner piston is bottomed and the
outer moves quite a bit to make contact with the rotor.  The left side looks
good. The rotors I took off had a deep groove in the inside of the right
rotor from, what I can tell, came from the caliper coming in contact with it.
 I seem to remember a thread a while back about something like this (in a
semi-lucid moment) and that someone was going to shim the caliper.  Using
washers (or some other material) would move the caliper farther inward and
better center it.  Any thoughts out there?

TIA
Sam Clark