Re: stripped hole in trailing arm

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stripped hole in trailing arm
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 23:09:18 -0500
Mark,
Buy yourself a thread repair "kit", I believe NAPA has them from
"helicoil". The initial cost seems expensive, but you will need it, as
all of the studs on the trailing arm/ hub mount are candidates for
"repair". Additionally, the trans top cover is  another candidate, and
coincidentally is the same size.
Once you invest in the "kit", you can get the "refills", relatively
cheap-no tools, just threads.

PS use threadlock on the insert, and stud

HTH
Mark Riddle