Re: Embarrassingly absent-minded question

To: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Embarrassingly absent-minded question
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:44:23 -0800
If it is the large hole like my TR6, which I believe it is, that is an
oil galley plug hole. The original plug was an aluminum... hmmm, it's
hard to describe. Basically just a threaded rod that was whacked with a
hammer and rounded off after being screwed into the hole. That's my
highly technical version anyway. I had major leak problems from mine,
which I eventually cured with some RTV sealant (I didn't do the
"banging" part but slotted the piece so I could screw it in). I imagine
there might be some better solutions out there.

Jay