Timing Chain and gear replacement.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Chain and gear replacement.
From: "Mike Brandon" <mbrandon0512@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:16:50 -0500
Hi Team,

There's been some talk in recent communication, about the accuracy of the
timing system. So As I am thinking of replacing the timing gears and chain,
which seemed noisy last year before I put her to bed for the winter, I
wondered if someone could give me some tips? I have the Triumph Handbook
which I've read, but would appreciate some "practical" advice.  For instance
is it as simple as the book says, once you are down to the gears and chain,
to simply slide off the gears and chain and replace them with the new set?
Are there any problems to watch out for? Not done this before, but I'm sure
there are some of you who could say "been there - done that!" Thanks in
advance for you're input.

Mike Brandon
1975 TR6 - CF 30480 UU