TR4 Gearbox in a TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Gearbox in a TR6
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:44:05 -0500
List,

A pal with a "new to him" TR6 has some issues with his gearbox.  I just
happen to have a spare TR4 gearbox, but I'm unsure of the condition.  It
will have to be shipped to my pal, but at the cost...it's a deal.

Anyway, aside from the switches in the top cover & the output flange, what
are the major differences in gearboxes?  I'm pretty sure it will go right in
place of the TR6 gearbox, but is there anything that would/should prevent
the use?

Thanks in advance,

Todd Bermudez
TR250 CD3705L(under construction!)