Re: Hood Release

To: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com
Subject: Re: Hood Release
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:27:34 -0500
Joe Cannon's design works great.  I used a straightened 1 gallon paint
can handle as the actuating rod.  I put a round loop on the end inside
the car and measured it such that the loop is tight against the inside of
the footwell when not in use.  You will be surprised at how little effort
is needed to release the hood. Good job Joe.

Jay Welch, Abington MA
Secretary, "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
1973 TR6 driver
1971 TR6 project

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:08:32 -0600 "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
writes:
The Winter 2001 6-pack magazine had a tech article on a slick little
release that bolted up to the existing bonnet release.