Re: auto transport question (no LBC content)

To: StangGuy67@aol.com
Subject: Re: auto transport question (no LBC content)
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:46:15 -0500
Hi Kraig,

I had a TR6 moved for a friend from Tennessee to the Boston area in a
covered single car trailer. Mapquest shows 15.5 hours and 925 miles.  We
were very pleased with the price and the service...cost was $1000.  I
added a list of companies to the bottom of this email.  We used Phoenix
Collectors.

Using Mapquest, I'm seeing approximately 2000 miles and 33 hours for your
journey from Chicago to Illinois.  I don't see this as an exorbitant
price.  Afterall, these trucking companies are in business to make a
living....cost of a driver, fuel, truck/trailer, maintenance, insurances,
taxes..etc.  I would have guessed more than the high end of $895.  It's
probably that low because there are a lot of cars being being moved
between LA and Chicago and they can discount for volume.

Make sure that the company you choose will be doing the actual
transporting.  Many of these companies farm things out to other companies
or swap hauls. They do this to make their schedules flow better.  I have
a friend in the auto transport business and there are a lot of gypsys in
the business.  So beware, there a lot of car hauling companies out there
that are less than honest or reliable.  You will get what you pay for.

Good luck,
Jay

Phoenix Collectors, Nashville, TN - Erik (son) & Fred (dad) Hoffman
800-641-0994,  615-361-9081 (or 3081)
AutoTrans Express, St. Louis, MO Phone: 866-277-6327, 314-439-9397 Email:
Sales@AutoTrans-Express.com  http://www.autotrans-express.com/
Horseless Carriage Carriers Inc - $$$ but good Transporters of Antique,
Classic, New Cars & Trucks 800-631-7796   hcc@eclipse.net
Passport, 37 Progress Parkway Saint Louis, MO - $$$ but good
800-325-4267, 314-878-5777 fax: 314-878-7295
http://www.passporttransport.com/