Re: alternator vs. battery

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: alternator vs. battery
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:01:18 -0500
Mike,

Check these sites out for charging system theory and troubleshooting
techniques.

http://www.tpub.com/basae/index.htm    http://www.tpub.com/basae/33.htm

At the very least you should have a meter to measure voltages (preferably
digital) and a charger for the battery.

With the car running you should see between 13.5 and 14.5 volts across
the battery terminals.

Given the symptoms and recent history it sounds like the battery needs a
good charging session or it's time for a new one.

Good luck,
Jay