RE: Bench Bleeding

To: <StuBeatty@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Bench Bleeding
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:06:24 -0500
Stuart,

Bench bleeding is really an unnecessary, messy, pain in the butt.

Mount the master cylinder

Open the two front bleeders...attach tubing so that the brake fluid can
drain into a small can.

Press the pedal 2-3 times to get things started, (yes with the bleeders
open),...listen to the radio...read the paper...whatever. Within a
minute or so the fluid will start dropping. Allow about half the
reservoir to empty then close the front bleeders, fill the reservoir,
and do the same at the rear.

Works every time, only takes 10-15 minutes, no help needed. No air left!

Jim Swarthout