FW: urethane paint

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: urethane paint
From: "Rick" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:41:38 -0500
Jim,

You guys are absolutely correct about being very careful around automotive
paints. Your paint supplier will have data sheets (mixing and application
recommendations) and MSDS sheets. This information usually can be found on
the web too.

I have taken an informal survey of nearby professional body shops to see
what they use for respirators. At present most use a 3M mask number 07179
with changeable elements. Some use 3M 07193 which is a similar mask that is
discarded after use (no replaceable elements). Of course the very best
system is the fresh air supplied type that only a very few use. When not in
use the mask should be stored in a sealed container to keep the elements
fresh.

I also understand that OSHA will be spot testing the fit of masks. Still a
little cloudy on this issue but I have been told that a saccharine dust is
applied to the edges of a mask and if the wearer can detect the sweet sugar
taste, the fit is unacceptable.

And Steve, you might just have the best mask yet! But not one local body
shop is using an Israeli gas mask. . .

Rick
75 Delft Blue TR6
CF36050U