Re: Rimmer Bros. Exhaust systems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rimmer Bros. Exhaust systems
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:48:38 -0800 (PST)
I'm not sure what the type A vs B is.  However, I can tell you that I
have a Rimmer header and exhaust system.  It is stainless.  The header
is a 6-3-1 design.  It empties into a 2.25" collector.  The exhaust is
a single 2.25" pipe that runs back to a straight-through sport muffler,
2.25" inlet and tail pipe.  According to dyno test by Kas Kastner, a
single big-bore exhaust yields more power from this engine than a dual
exhaust.

Sound is great.  Fit of the exhaust is great, header is good.  The
header is much better than the Monza header I used to have, but not as
good as the stuff made for Hondas, etc.  The flange isn't perfect, and
the holes for the studs don't line up dead on.  But you can't expect
perfection.  I have no doubt that the entire system will last a very
very long time.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6