RE: Sinter or Silica?

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: Sinter or Silica?
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:11:15 -0500
I recall using air filters made of "sintered bronze". They looked like a
rough block made of small metal beads all stuck together. I assumed the
sintering process was passing a spray of ground up metal through an arc or
flame so that the bits melted and stuck to whatever they hit on the other
side. The only part that confuses me is the word "nonporous" in your
definition. A nonporous air filter is of little use.

Mark Hooper