electronic ign.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: electronic ign.
From: "Gene Holtzclaw" <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:53:31 +0000
Thanks to all who responded on my electronic ignition problem. I finally got
to spend some time today experimenting. I took out the electronic pick-up
and put in the old simple points as many of you suggested and still no go.
Had fire from coil to center of dist. cap but no fire to plug wires. Put
distributor cap on, same thing. New rotor, car fired right up. Looked very
closely and found what appears to be minor electrical track marks inside
rotor. The rotor was allowing the coil to go to ground. Put electronic ign
back on, old distributor cap and all is well again. How often I forget the
K.I.S.S. method of automotive problem solving.