Re: TR6 blocks sleeved

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 blocks sleeved
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:00:08 EST
Bob-When I asked for a confirmation that TR blocks were dry sleeved, I meant
TR6 blocks, my mistake. I questioned your original statement about all "all
TR blocks are dry sleeved" because it differed from my experience. The water
became muddied when I read in 2 sources that the 2 liter 6 cyl. blocks were
dry sleeved. Dick Taylor was also curious enough to pursue the subject and
provide some answers. I believe that the liners from TRF and Moss are used to
restore a damaged bore that would otherwise require all the cylinders to be
bored or the block to be replaced. It is possible that some blocks came from
the factory with one or more sleeves to correct a "whoops". I am curious as
to why TRF lists 2 different liners. Thanks for providing a lively debate and
a learning experience.
Berry