Re: Fwd: mild steel headers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: mild steel headers
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:46:41 -0800 (PST)
I had a Monza header on my car for a few years.  It was a pain to
install, but performed fine once I got it on.  I didn't experience any
excessive heat or noise from the header (the noise came from the other
end of the car - excessively loud Monza exhaust system!).  I also never
experienced any rust.  And it definitely made a difference in the power
band over the stock manifold - not sure if there was an increase in
power, but the power band seemed to move up a bit to higher revs.

What do you mean by a lack of collector?  Do you mean you've got 6
individual header pipes that just end?  This seems odd.  Maybe you mean
that you've got a collector (ie: the individual header pipes DO merge
into a single collector pipe, usually about 2-2.25" diameter), but you
lack the pipe to connect the header to your exhaust system.  If the
latter is the case, any decent muffler shop should be able to put
something together.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6