RE: Tires are too big!

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires are too big!
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:53:08 -0500
Joe,
I have 215/70-15s on CF38690 with Panasport wheels. The distance from
the ground to the fender lip is 27.5", measured at the center of the
wheel. I have heavy duty springs from TS Imported and have never had any
contact of the tire and fender. Like others, I think you should consider
replacing your springs.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

Hi folks,
I just had an unpleasant experience.  I just had new tires
mounted-205/70R15
Yokohama T4s.  I bought these because they most closely matched the
stock
185/15 redlines that I previously had on the car.  I thought the tires
looked
"bulky" in the wheel well as compared to the 185/15s (I have wire
wheels).  I
turned to car hard to the right, went into a hole and caught the top of
the
tire on the inner lip of the fender.  It gouged a big chunk of rubber
out of
the tire and bent the fender (not too bad).  I assume that the springs
are
stock height.  Are these tires too big, or are my springs, shocks bad?
I had
planned on fitting stiffer, 1" lower shocks.  This is definitely not an
option with these tires.  Any comments?
Joe Davis