Re:TR6 Driveshaft Measurements

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:TR6 Driveshaft Measurements
From: Russ Pagano <pagano@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 14:31:30 -0500
Steve,
I had a spare in the garage. With the u-joints in place on both ends,
min/max was 27 3/8" to 29 3/8" +/- 1/16" (hard to get exact with the ujoints
swiveling). There is a very small lip on the inside edge of the flange which
I didn't account for but shouldn't matter as long as the mating flange
matches. I believe all TR6 models are the same length. If that doesn't work
I've heard there are shops which can cut them down or even turn them into
axle half shafts.
Russ