Re: Tires for Wire Wheels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires for Wire Wheels
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 17:16:03 -0800 (PST)
I had wires on my car for a while.  According to the Goodyear dealer
where I got replacement tires, they said you CAN use tubes with
tubeless-type tires.  Oh, and you definitely need to use tubes if you
are mounting the tires on wire wheels.  Wire wheels will leak air,
because of all the joints where the spokes meet the rim.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=10