Window seal installation questions

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Window seal installation questions
From: "Rick" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:23:07 -0500
Vance,

I just replaced the seals and the vinyl moldings. The molding was fitted and
trimmed then fastened with a light dusting of spray contact cement. The
inside edge is also held in place by the door panel.

The fuzzy inner seal snaps into the clips. I found it best to install the
clips to the door first using a bent sheet metal hook. Someone earlier
suggested making the hook from the blanking plates found on the rear of most
pc's. I found it helpful to use the same hook to back up the clips while
snapping the fuzzy seal in place. The clips will help to hold the vinyl trim
in place.

Had problems with the door strap on the driver's side. If you look into the
"A" post, behind the boot sealing the strap, there are two rivets holding a
flat metal loop to the post. For some reason I thought it wise to replace
those rivets and loop. Bad decision as there wasn't anything wrong with them
and it was a pain to repair. The replacement loop had to be fastened with
screws as there was no easy way to clinch the new rivets. The snapping sound
was cured by replacing the limiting strap and a dab of grease.

Rick Patton
75 Delft Blue TR6
CF36050U
Brunswick, Maine