Dripping pinion seal

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dripping pinion seal
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:20:09 -0600
I've replace the pinion seal  on my Differential, the second time and it still
leaks. The first one I had was one of the leather seals. I had Quantum
Mechanics put this in when he checked some other things. The 1st one leaked so
John (QM) sent me a rubber seal for the diff. When I replaced this one I
noticed a small grove and some slight imperfections in the pinion, so I used
another pinion w/ no grove and a smooth metal surface on the sleeve. Bad thing
is that it still leaks! It's just a constant drip, which pisses me off. Any
ideas out there on how to solve the problem. Please don't tell me it's British
and they all do that!

Thanks!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com