RE: TR6 Radios

To: <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Radios
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 21:09:04 -0500
Hugh, I would agree with that.  However, and there's always a however,
it is not really a big issue.  For some reason CD's play a little louder
and sound better than any radio station.  And the radio presets will be
put in anyway, so at the worst you are simply picking station #1 or 2 or
3, which are not LED displays.

Also radio in our cars is not what you would call ergonomically correct.
So since it is low in the dash, it really wouldn't matter if it were an
LED display (which you could see better in daylight) or something else.

Does that make sense?  The bottom line is that, I haven't found it to be
an issue, and would bet that almost all displays of any kind are a bit
washed out while cruisin' in a Six.  I will also add that I've purchased
3 Alpine radios over the past 15 years and been very pleased with their
durability and performance. NFI, of course.

I did have my Six out today.  Beautiful upper 40's to 50 degrees or so
and had a blast.  The main music was the sound of the Six's engine
though.  I took the air cleaner assembly off a couple of weeks ago to
check something and haven't gotten around to putting it back on yet
because the sound is so good.

I'll jump back in the saddle tomorrow around 7:30 a.m. headed for the
rendezvous point for the GTA's <http://www.gatriumph.com/>  annual
"Polar Bear Run."  It might not be as cold as some of our friends to the
north as used to, but "down heah," it's mighty cold.  Kickoff temp will
around 30 degrees or so.  My question is how many others will have their
top down?  I know of one Six that's game.

Cheers,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2