diff mount welding

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: diff mount welding
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:44:33 -0500
Hi Listers,
Merry Christmas to you all!

Having time to work on the car can be both a blessing and a curse at
times. I find, much to my dismay, the I need to fix a crack in the right
front diff mount. I recall a "thread" on this subject in the recent past,
that had some very useful information, but I am not able to locate it on
the archive. (why doesn't the search function work?).
I have access to a MIG welder, but what "filler" material do I need?
Besides "boxing in" the mount, do I need to "lay a bead" where the bolt
top meets the frame?
What else needs to be done?

TIA

Mark Riddle