Late model transmission brackets

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Late model transmission brackets
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:18:58 -0600
I'm leaning towards modifying my '70 donor frame to use a J type
overdrive due to the cost, parts availability and the simpler
maintenance. I'd much rather not have to chop up my '76 frame in case I
need to use it later and I'd like to keep it in tact as a reference. The
brackets don't look complicated at all. Is there somewhere I can
purchase them ready to install? If not is there anyone on the list with
a trashed frame they could sell me their brackets or at least one to
take to a local shop for a pattern? Also my body is currently on the 76
frame being used as a Jig and I don't dare move it until all the panels
are back on and line up properly.