RE: mysterious electrical problem

To: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mysterious electrical problem
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:46:13 -0800
Not sure if this is a good answer or not.  But the voltage regulator is
really a vibrator arrangement that works  because of temprature.  Current
goes thorugh a arm made of dis-similar metals, as the heat they bend at
different rates open the contact.... (sounds a lot like a turn signal
blinker don't it)  It's possible that you don't have enough current flow
to heat up the metal and cause it to open.

On the other hand this could all be hot air(type??)

Do they start to work after the drivers compartment gets hot?  could be a
bad/broken trace on the instrument cluster printed wiring board.

For a real good Izuzu storey I go to our Sun Systems Admin Lady.  She
can't run her Air Con during the summer because the battery overheats and
boils over.  Three alternator and battery sets later (from the dealer) it
still don't work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Love these LBC's

Steve