RE: Timing chain

To: "'Timothy Holbrook'" <tjh173@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Timing chain
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:31:30 -0400
Hi Tim. The rack will move out of the way to allow you to get the timing
cover and damper off. I had no trouble removing the sprockets. Just pried
(prised) them off with a couple of big screwdrivers. I did have trouble
removing the bolt holding the damper. I had to put the car in 4th gear and
put the parking brake on to keep the engine from turning. Then used a
breaker bar to loosen the bolt.

I'd recommend replacing all the parts since you've gone this far. Don't know
about the Moss parts. Roadster Factory has some nice looking German-made
sprockets. They also have a much more expensive chain that they say is
better. Not sure how, but I bought and installed it.

Hope this helps,
Hugh Fader