Re: 220 Horse TR6 vs. go carts

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: 220 Horse TR6 vs. go carts
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:35:28 -0400
I had a '74 TVR for years (until I started my resto business and sold it
for tool money SOB :^( )  It was a much stiffer frame, WAY better rear
suspension, Koni's and lighter weight than a TR6, with a TR6 engine and
rear. What a difference in handling. It was the closest thing to a
go-cart I've driven with old technology construction. LOTS of fun.
Ergonomically it sucked. No ventilation, bad seating position, hard to
enter and exit, lots of wind noise, etc., etc. It was a hoot to own
though! Plus it got a lot of attention at the gas pumps!

I'd like to drive a Cossie Ford or some other Euro compact to see just
what you are describing.

As to the earlier 10 sec car posts, It does make a difference if you
don't care if the motor comes apart, and are only running high power for
a couple of seconds, as opposed to making an every day driver that will
last 60,000 miles between rebuilds like the original will.

Jim