Re: Megasquirt EFI

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Megasquirt EFI
From: Ed McGuirk <emcguirk@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:09:39 -0400
Although I have placed an order for the second group buy on the Megasquirt
Fuel Injection System, I do not intend to put it on the TR6. I am going to
put it on my supercharged MR2 because my increased boost is a little
outside the stock fuel programming.

There are now off-the-shelf parts that make it a lot easier to fuel inject
a TR6. Use a triple weber intake manifold. Couple that with the TWM
throttle bodies that replace a weber carb with fuel injector bosses and
snap on fuel rail. You have to fabricate the fuel pressure regulator and
throttle cable. Plumbing in the air temp, water temp, oxygen temp, and
throttle position sensors should not be a big problem. The fuel pump and
plumbing also shouldn't be too bad. Ignition can remain stock until
something equally cheap comes up (supposedly in the works).

Until somebody fabricates a cheaper fuel injected intake manifold, the
intake will be the most expensive part. In my opinion too expensive for now.

I don't know if this guy is still selling anything but his manifold looks nice:
http://www.totaladvance.com/projects.htm
Perhaps something similar using steel or aluminum pipes welded together?

The history of the Megasquirt means that anyone who signs up for the
present group buy will probably get their kit in October or November.
Megasquirt is not a business, it is a group designing a DIY fuel injection
system. You can order a kit, but there is already at least one guy who has
built his own system from the plans publicly available on the web page.

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

Ed McGuirk