Interior tunnel courtesy light/'69 TR6

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior tunnel courtesy light/'69 TR6
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:26:25 +0000
Hello List:

I want to install a new tunnel courtesy light in my '69 TR6.  The wiring
diagram in Dan Masters' book shows a purple hot wire going to one terminal
on the light.  The other Purple/White wires are for ground and go to the
door switches.  Currently, there is NO light installed.

Where do these wires physically exit the harness to go to the light fixture?
  I assume that the harness continues to the back of the car to feed the
trunk light, and rear outside lights.  Can I just tap into the trunk light
if the original wiring has been snipped off?

Does a company such as British Wiring supply the correct, color coded wire?

Thanks and best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6
Woodinville, WA