SU HS6 carbs for a '69 TR6

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: SU HS6 carbs for a '69 TR6
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:07:30 +0000

I've read the "SU HS6 conversion" threads in the archives.  I found some
good information there.  How about an update from the SU users on the List.

I'm especially interested in hearing from you who are running the HS6 carbs
on an early TR6 or TR250 with dual vacuum distributor.  How did you overcome
the dreaded linkage vacuum switch?  What vacuum set ups are you running now?
  Did you fit carbs from another application or purchase a conversion kit?
(such as from Moss Motors)

There are a lot of questions here.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I'm considering converting to SU carbs but want to hear from some users
before deciding.  The distributor and vacuum needs on my car are a bit of a
concern.  The basic platform is good, however; rebuilt engine, rebuilt
distributor and alternator.  Carbs could be better.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6
Woodinville, WA