Re: GM alternator

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GM alternator
From: Russ Pagano <pagano@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 18:26:26 -0400
Ron,
    I'm more than happy to stand corrected if it means greater parts options
for TR6 owners. I would be interested to learn the model and retail parts
store you found the Bosch fit. and it would be good info for the List
archives. I drove several parts counter people nuts searching every possible
listing for the Fiesta - none of them fit - could tell just by looking. I
wonder if it could be a difference from the mounting pattern between the
early and later TR6. If you didn't have to change the bracket using the
Bosch that would be an advantage. I'll still bet the Bosch was 3x the cost
of the GM.
Russ