ZS Carb troubles

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS Carb troubles
From: "Charles Markham" <chaz2@gis.net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 19:43:10 -0400
Hi All,
 I recently picked up my new 76 TR6 a couple of days ago and have been tooling
around enjoying it. It is all stock and it does not appear to much has been
done to it lately. It ran pretty good -maybe a little underpowered.
 I peeked under the hood and decided to replace the air cleaners- they were
quite dirty. I then cleaned the carbs with carb cleaner. When I started it a
revved it up a little I noticed the left sides piston was not moving up when I
gave it a little gas. So I took the top off and found the diaphragm had a tear
in it. Replaced the diaphragm with a new one and put it all back together. Ran
great for the first mile or two but then it seemed to lose power and die out
at about 2500 rpms or so. I came back to the house and pulled a couple of
plugs- they seemed a little white.
 I am wondering if all the things I did increased the air but not the fuel
causing a lean condition? Anyone have any Ideas?
TIA Charles
 1976 TR6 "White"