Reasons To Drive Your British Car

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reasons To Drive Your British Car
From: "Austrheamgafun" <Austrheamgafun@arczip.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:07:06 -0500
Hello everyone,

For those of you who have the need to know, here are some good reasons to
drive your British car during British Car Week - May 25 through June 2, 2002

As once stated by Reid Trummel, president of the AHCUSA.  If you don't drive
your British car, the terrorists strike a win.  Exersise your God given
freedom by driving and enjoying your classic British cars in our great
country.

A great anti-virus technique.  Less time at the computer and more time behind
the wheel of your British car will greatly decrease your chances of acquiring
one of those nasty computer viruses going around.

Meet some new friends.  This is a no brainer.  Getting out of the house will
enable you to come in contact with other people.

Stir up the economy.  There's no doubt that while you're getting your British
car out of the garage for some great enjoyment, you'll eventually buy
something.

Support your favorite British car related businesses and clubs.  As with
above, getting your British car out for regular exercise will no doubt support
these in some way, shape, or form.

Extend the life of your car.  Very much like humans, it's not good for a car
to sit idle without exercise.  Seals dry up, tires go flat, petrol turns to
varnish, and gaskets lose their resilience, causing more oil drippings on your
nice clean garage floor!

Temporarily change your image.  Put on a leather skullcap, racing goggles and
driving gloves, and pretend you're a famous hill climber racing for the finish
line.  This is just a hunch, but you may want to do this one away from the
public eye.

Spread good will toward others.  While you're tooling around in your British
car, look at the faces of people passing by.  Most of you will notice some
exciting looks.  Depending on what you're driving and what you're wearing
while driving, some of you may notice some VERY interesting looks!

Show your local government that classic cars are still very popular.  If your
local politicians feel that classic cars are on their way out, so much the
better for them to try and sneak some new anti-smog policies.  Show them we
are not such a minority after all.  We vote for those we feel will support our
needs.

Spend some quality time with a good friend or loved one.  Forget about your
busy daily duties for a while and get your priorities straight.  Don't neglect
the one's you love, including your British car.

Get away from worldly things and relieve some stress.  Forget about your
worries for a while, and get away for an adventure in your British car.
Whether it's just a spin around the block, or a day trip to a neat place
you've never been, I guarantee you'll be glad you did it.

Educate the people around you.  People are slowly losing touch with their
past.  Do your part to educate them about British cars from days gone by.  A
person cannot and will not become interested in a hobby they know nothing
about.

Prove to your nosey neighbors that you are not just an eccentric ol' pack rat.
Let them know you do have some good use for all of that stuff crammed in your
garage.

Clean up your environment.  For many, rolling the British car out of the
garage will cause movement of things blocking it in.  This will most likely
promote some activity at the trashcan or recycling center.

Lower your energy usage.  Turn off the television, computer, stereo, Nintendo,
lights, air conditioning, vacuum cleaner, microwave, ceiling fan, and lawn
sprinkler.  All of these things use more energy than ten gallons of petrol
used in your British car.  If you don't believe this, then just pretend.

Add some excitement to the streets.  I don't know about you, but sometimes my
daily drive in my everyday box-on-wheels gets pretty boring.  But when I see a
neat British car driving down the road, it perks me up.  Do your part to help
improve your surroundings.

Increase your heart rate for improved health.  Medical studies have proven
that as with aerobic exersise, increasing your heart rate for at least thirty
minutes per day will greatly increase your health.  My heart rate always
increases while sitting behind the wheel of my British car, and I'm sure yours
will too!

Breed happiness and improve your attitude at your work place.  Driving your
British car to work during the week will of course increase your yearning to
leave work for the day, but it will also greatly increase your yearning to
wake up in the morning and look forward to the drive to work.  Your happy
attitude will most likely last the entire day and shower itself toward others
who are forced to drive their less desirable cars to work.

The most obvious reason for driving our British cars is because they provide
us with so much pleasure that they deserve our undivided attention once in a
while.  Do it for all the people of the present and past who have worked so
hard to bring these cherished automobiles into this world and for those who
help us maintain them to help make the world a better place for all of us to
live.

See you on the road......

Scott Helms

http://users.arczip.com/zntech/britishcarweek.html