Re: dash reassembly

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dash reassembly
From: SEBroerman@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:58:54 EST
Tom-
The scuttle vent control rod on my '72 is straight for most of it's length,
but at the end
where it attaches to the vent, there is about a 5 to 6" radius bend downward,
and then a
sharp 90 degree bend to the drivers side, where it goes through the lower
hole in the vent panel hinge. In the green Roadster Factory catalog page 352,
the rod is shown upside down as compared to how it is oriented in my car. The
catalog shows the end of the rod gradually bending upward and then a sharp
bend to the passenger side. Mine is just the opposite. It seems that you just
need to bend the rod a little before where the sharp 90 is. My vent is also
somewhat hard to open and close, probably supposed to be that way.

Question -  does anybody know who sells the white plastic one-way valve on
the brake servo that the vacuum hose attaches to? TRF and Moss don't have it.

TIA

Steve
72 with the engine bay nearly empty and almost ready for paint.