Re: VIN decoding

To: <Joe18d@aol.com>, "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN decoding
From: "Richard Seaton" <RSH17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 08:46:34 -0600
Joe,

 Your Vin # should have the letters CC  or CP preceding the  numbers, with the
second letter designating carburetion (C) or petrol injection (P).
 Letters after the vin# should be L (left hand), O (overdrive), or no letter
(s) if it is a right hand drive, or with out overdrive.
  I'm pretty sure this is right, if I'm not I'm sure someone will point it
out.

  First production TR6 w/ PI was November 28,1968 (CP 25146). First production
carburetor was on Sept 19 1968  (CC 25003L).  Yes that's left hand drive.

  This information comes from Original Triumph TR4/4A/5/6, by Bill Piggott
available from TRF. A good informative book, with very good photo details.

Richard

CC27413L Prod. date Jan 1,1969 (this one started the year of right), currently
undergoing a frame off restoration.

Always glad to see another '69 out there.