Re: Correct seat belts for 1971

To: Mlinthcsa@aol.com
Subject: Re: Correct seat belts for 1971
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:33:50 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 Mlinthcsa@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know the correct seat belt type that would have been installed in
> a 1971 TR6 built October 1970?  I know that the inertia was definitely
> supplied for the later TR's but what about the 1971.

All cars sold in the US had to have a shoulder-type harness starting with
the '68 or '69 model year per US DOT.

Your '71 should have shoulder type inertia reel belts if it was imported
for sale in the US. If the car orignally shipped to another market, I'n
not sure what it would have hadm but I suspect non-inertia shoulder belts.

My Dad had a '71 from new way back, and that had the Kangol inertia belts.

> Mike Linthicum
> 1971 TR6
> Oviedo, Florida

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |