time saver for A-type overdrive rebuild

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: time saver for A-type overdrive rebuild
From: Tom Lofgren <tom.lofgren@stanfordalumni.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:36:58 -0800
Hi,

I thought I would pass on some information that would help anyone currently
doing or contemplating an A-type overdrive rebuild.  I have spent the last 2
months trying to get the correct thrust ring bearing, Moss part number
866-470, TRF part number 500640.  TRF is out of stock, Moss has a completely
incorrect type of bearing that they send you, Rimmer Brothers has the right
type of bearing, but it is .2" too small in ID and OD, and Victoria British
must buy their bearings from Rimmer Brothers because they also have the
slightly smaller bearing.  I finally got the correct bearing from Jim at
British Racing Green at 888-749-8033.  Hopefully, this message will save
someone from what I have been through!

Tom L
'69 TR6 CC25230