Re: alternator help?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternator help?
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:33:31 -0600
In case anyone else runs into this sort of problem, this is what I've found.

If you have a 3 wire regulator, have a look at
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator-repair.html

For a 4 wire regulator,
Black goes to ground, as shown on the web page
Yellow goes to the brush, as shown
Red goes to the + plate, as shown for the red wire
White goes to the connector which is next to the label of "Brush Box" on
the diagram

The new regulator hasn't fixed the problem of a faintly glowing red light
staring at me from the darkness.  The diodes were all good when I checked
them before.  Oh well.  I had ordered Dan Masters' book before this all
started so I'll just wait for it to arrive to see what sort of simple thing
I've overlooked.

Rob
74 TR6 daily dribbler and still leaking electrons, too