Quick Ratio rack.

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quick Ratio rack.
From: "David & Krystal Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:18:09 -0500
Rob
        Welcome to the world of after market High Performance.  First thing
you'll find is the "highest" part of performance is the cost. Second you'll
find that NOTHING is going to fit without some adapting, customizing or
"field fitting".  Sorry, just as my luck would have it.
          Not knowing your ride height or other mods you have made to your
suspension limits my input.  But, before raising your engine to accommodate
the raise in the steering rack, I might suggest looking into what this might
do to your bump steer.  You might want to look into lowering your rack
mounts, use something closer to stock or be prepared to alter your steering
arms.
            A complete definition of "Bump Steer"  would take much too much
space for this forum and bore most. Basically when your suspension moves up
and down (like turning a corner and getting body roll) the front wheels
steer in and out (shrinking the contact patch of the tire, causing
understeer).  This happens for a number of reasons including the location of
the rack and steering arm.
            Good Luck
            David Wingett