Headlights

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Headlights
From: "Rick Patton" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:36:13 -0500
A bit ago there was a discussion on headlight options. While there are some
very high intensity (and high dollar) systems available, there are also low
cost answers too.

The original TR6 sealed beam head light bulb is #6014. It is 60W low beam
and 50W high beam. Putting out 32K and 25K candlepower respectively.

A halogen bulb, #H6024 can be substituted. This bulb is 65W low and 40W high
with 35K and 27K candlepower respectively.

Next is the H6024BL BriteLite sealed beam. This is a Xenon bulb with a low
beam of 55W and a 65W high beam. I don't know the candlepower however they
claim 80% more light on the road than standard bulbs. "Brighter, whiter and
more efficient than standard halogen lamps" The diagram on the box shows a
wider beam than a standard halogen. These bulbs are about $13.99 at NAPA
auto parts and are physically identical to the original units.

I plan to use these in my 75. They do draw slightly more (10W which is about
1A) than the original bulbs. As part of the wiring upgrade to my car I plan
to add a headlight relay. Perhaps someone more familiar with the TR6 wiring
could tell if it is really necessary?

Rick
75 Delft blue
patton@suscom-maine.net