The Passing Of One Of Our Own

To: "Vern Brannon" <vbbrannon@hlmdesign.com>,
Subject: The Passing Of One Of Our Own
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:42:09 -0600
I thought it appropriate to communicate the passing of one of our own.  My
father-in-law (Paul) and I answered and ad in the Tulsa paper for a TR6 that
was priced very low.  In anticipation of bringing the car home with us, the
trailer was in tow and we drove the few miles to the listed location.

We found a 72 model in pretty much horrible shape but the wheels looked good
which is what we needed.  We paid a hundred bucks for the car and brought it
home.  The wheels turned out to be very good indeed so they were powder
coated and ended up on Paul's car.

There really was never any thought given to restoration of the rusty old
hulk.  It had been originally purchased in Chicago.  Mr. Jose C. Ingram had
purchased the car new and had eventually brought the car to Oklahoma with
him.  On his death bed he sold the car to our seller who never registered
the car.  We likewise never registered the car so technically it lived it's
whole life as a one owner.

We did strip the car down to the frame and body panels and have stored, sold
or used many of the components taken from the old hulk.  We still have many
things to use or get rid of including the engine and transmission which of
course "worked fine when I parked it."  It was supposedly parked because of
a bad master cylinder, I forget whether it was brake or clutch.

The body and frame ended up at a place called Borg Compressed Steel.  Then a
lot of it just went in the trash.  Much of it remains available to help club
members with various transplants.

Please advise anyone that keeps records on this sort of thing that CC76765L
is accounted for and is resting in pieces in Claremore, OK.

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   74 TR6 CF 15694
89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/