Suspension Questions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suspension Questions
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:22:56 -0500
Hi Folks,

I am installing the front suspension on my '70 TR6 and got the front springs
in and noticed that there were a different number of coils on the two springs.
One has six and one has eight. Obviously, these are not a matched set. They
are the same height so do I have two different grades of front springs or do I
have a front and a back? The originals that came off of it are different
heights for front and back.

I also noticed that if I tighten the nut connecting the verticle link to the
upper ball joint I can not rotate the verticle link. Does the link rotate with
the ball stud or on the ball stud? Either way I can't get it to swivel when
tight.

As always, any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan H. Detweiler
'70 TR6 CC51639