Re: allignment

To: Thomas Duclos <ltcdoty@localnet.com>
Subject: Re: allignment
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:59:19 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Thomas Duclos wrote:

> Good Morning,

Hello.

>     Anybody know of a shop in the Albany, New York area that
> will do a front end allignment on a TR6?

I can't speak for the "metropolitan area" of Albany, NY, but a chassis
alignment on a TR6 is fairly straight forward. As far as I know, most of
the current machines from Hunter etc. all "know" the alignment
specifications to Triumphs.

The only caveat is that you should probably provide some shims for the job
"just in case". I had one guy tell me he never saw shims like the Triumphs
uses... but hos boss corrected him by showing him some cars that used a
similar setup.

Show up with 4 or so front shims and 4 or so rear shims at a compentent
alignment shoppe and you should be all set.

>                            Regards,
>
>                            Tom Duclos
>                            1970 cc51011L

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |