crash pads

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: crash pads
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:05:05 EST
Hi List,
I'm getting ready to reinstall an interior in my '71.  I haven't ordered the
dash/crash pads yet.  I was wondering if anybody had an opinion about TRF
pads vs. other suppliers.  I haven't ordered them yet.  I am anticipating a
price reduction with the winter parts sale.  Any advice on what adhesive to
use?  How about aligning the pads?  The last owner of the car was unsuccesful
in aligning the top pad, as it had curled out from underneath the fascia, and
the windshield seal at the drivers side corner.  I'd hate for this to happen
to me.  What is an acceptable way of sealing the windshield to the body?
Also, does anyone know what the pair of purple wires are coming off the
harness at the dash?  I don't have my Bentley book yet and I don't have a
schematic.  As far as I could tell, the only thing that was previously
non-functional was the interior lighting.  Thanks in advance
Joe in Va.