Re: Tires and wheels

To: airsmyth@covad.net (Brooks Bullock)
Subject: Re: Tires and wheels
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:30:03 -0800 (PST)
Brooks---Your new wheels and tire package is very close but taller than
the original tire and rim size. Here's the formula for determining such
things:

Original tire and rim~185x.78+15"=
185 (metric, converted to standard) =
185x.0394=7.29"  (tire width)
7.29x.78 (% of the width)=5.685
5.685x2=11.37 + rim diam. = 26.37
The height of the stock tire and rim = 26.37 inches

Your non-stock tire and rim would figure this way:

215x.65x2+16=
8.47x.65x2+16= 27 inches

Your new setup would make an otherwise stock speedometer read 2.4%
slower at all speeds.

Dick Taylor
215x.70+15=
26.86"