Trunnion/wishbone bushes

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunnion/wishbone bushes
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:55:03 +0000
Greetings List:

I've discovered that the outer bushings on the driver's side front
trunnion/wishbone connection of my '69 TR6 need to be replaced.  I've
ordered a bushing kit for both sides from BPNW and hope to do the job this
weekend.  BPNW advises that if I support the spring/shock pad with a jack
and remove the large bolt and split nut that I can then lower the wishbones
in order to replace all the lower bushings.

What is your experience and advice on this project?  I do intend to
completely rebuild the front suspension and steering after the 1st of the
year but need to correct this immediate problem/hazard.  The Bentley manual
describes complete removal of the lower wishbones but doesn't specifically
address bushing replacement while the wishones are still attached to the
car.  Any help/advice/cautions?

Thanks as usual for all your consideration.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA