RE: Rhp Bearings

To: Stephen Harris <sharris@smhelectronics.com>
Subject: RE: Rhp Bearings
From: rcotting@mgnet.ca
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:26:51 -0300
Certain parts should be labelled:  Made OF China not Made IN China.  One of
the things I've found surprising about the pastime of restoring a TR6 is
the variability in quality of parts AND the pricing.  It's like opening a
box of Cracker Jacks.  I'm never sure just what's going to be there.  I was
delighted with my bargain cast aluminum valve cover yet I continue to be
astounded by a $40 US plastic battery box!!  The cost of a water pump makes
me want to buy six of them while the replacement control knobs for the dash
are trash.  I'm the guy that spent mucho dollaros on an engine job only to
haul the head to replace a valve with a seemingly imperfect stem which
caused it to seize.

Go figure.

Rich C.