Rear wheel bearings - Help!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear wheel bearings - Help!
From: "Ben Burnweit" <a1972tr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:02:59 -0700
Hey Listers,

I just heard a little "ache" coming from the left rear wheel.
After jacking the tire off the ground and releasing the hand brake I found
the wheel wobbles all around. "This can't be good?!!

After removing the wheel and checking the books for any advice on the
problem , I noticed in the Moss catalog a "Rear wheel bearing Kit" is
available.

I have serviced front wheel bearings in auto shop, but the rear seems to
have extra parts. Like the "Collapsible Bearing Spacer".

The drum came off easy after unscrewing the retaining nut, and the first
bearing "looks" OK (could use some grease).

Is there any thing I should know before I try to remove the second bearing,
seal and spacer?  Any advice is appreciated.

(The u-joints and brackets where renewed by a mechanic about 2 years ago)

THANKS!
Ben