Tires - Let's be safe!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires - Let's be safe!
From: "Rex Townsend" <rrt@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:46:46 -0700
There's been some discussion lately of the original tires used on the
TR250/TR6.  I just hope that everyone realizes how dangerous it can be to
drive aggresively on old tires.  A couple of years ago, there was a note in
one of the British car magazines regarding the death of a classic car
enthusiast and his son who crashed when returning from an event in their
prize winning TVR.  The accident was blamed on the failure of his old tires.
Please, everyone, if you have old, original tires that you want to use for
show purposes, only use them for that purpose.  Keep another set of tires
and wheels with modern tires for running at highway speeds or normal
driving.  Me - I run on 2 year old 205/70x15s and keep an old tube-type
Michelin redline as my spare.

Rex Townsend