Re: Inflation pressures

To: vze2846b@verizon.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inflation pressures
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:42:51 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/01 6:41:56 PM, vze2846b@verizon.net writes:

<< While we are on the subject of tires, what is the conventional wisdom
concerning inflation pressure?  The owners manual and glovebox door
indicate pressures of 20 lbs in the front and 24 lbs in the rear.  Those
recommendations where in an age of bias ply tires not radials.

What kind of pressure are most of you with radials running on the street?

Thanks,
Peter
'68 TR250

Hi Pete,
Yea those pressures will make your 250 squeal like a pig!  On the red lines I
run 32 all the way around.  On the P-6000 I bring them up to 40 psig (max 44)
and they handle great!  The ride is alittle ruff, but isn't it anyway.

Jim
69 TR6
72 TR6
80 TR7